Jammu: Two children died of asphyxia while a couple was hospitalised after inhaling smoke in their house in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place in a remote village in snow-bound Kotranka as the family had kept a coal heater in the room in view of the severe cold, a police official said.
Mohammad Khadim, his wife Shamim Akhtar, their three-month old son and 12-year-old niece Sobiya Kousar were found unconscious inside their house on Saturday and rushed to a hospital, the official said.
He said while the children were declared dead on arrival at hospital, the couple is undergoing treatment.
The condition of the couple was stated to be “stable”, the official said. (PTI)
Download 10Cric Casino app, and enjoy Indias most popular casino games, directly on your mobile!
Gamble with real money online! Play Indias favourite casino games at 7Jackpots.com, Indias most trusted online casino site.
Rajinikanth to launch party in Jan, outfit to fight 2021 polls
Prabhas to star in ‘KGF’ director Prashanth Neel’s next, ‘Salaar’
UK first country to approve Pfizer/BioNtech COVID-19 vaccine, rollout in days
Daughter of soil ‘Shikara’ girl Sadia gets best debutant actress award
Arshad Warsi joins Akshay Kumar for ‘Bachchan Pandey’
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper