New Delhi: The Tabligh-e-Jamaat’s Markaz in Nizamuddin West, which is among the major COVID-19 hotspots in the country, has been cleared after the evacuation of 2,361 people in the past 36 hours, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Wednesday.
Taking to Twitter, Sisodia said that out of the 2,361 people, 617 have been admitted to hospitals while the rest quarantined.
“The medical staff, administration, police and DTC staff worked together in this 36-hour operation, putting their lives at risk. Hats off to all of them,” the deputy chief minister said in another tweet.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Delhi climbed to 120 on Tuesday after 23 new cases of the disease were reported on Tuesday.
These 120 cases include 24 people who took part in a religious congregation at the Markaz in Nizamuddin West earlier this month.
Till Monday night, the number of cases of the deadly COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) stood at 97, including two deaths. (PTI)
Not disappointed at not getting to act in more Hindi films: Shruti Haasan
NCB arrests TV actress for procuring drugs in Mumbai
Mumbai man posed as film star to lure minors online, sold child porn to international ‘clients’: CBI
Nawazuddin Siddiqui on playing different shades of lower middle class men: It makes me feel rich
‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ is timeless: Kajol on film’s 25th anniversary
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper