STATE TIMES NEWSSrinagar: A total of 177 people, including 10 pregnant women, tested positive for COVID-19 in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, taking the Union Territory’s tally to 2,341, officials said. While 125 fresh cases were reported from Kashmir, 52 were from Jammu, they said. “Of 2,341 cases, 1,853 are in Kashmir, while 488 are in the Jammu region,” they said.
Five-star hotels, houseboats among paid quarantine facilities for those flying into Srinagar Srinagar: The Srinagar administration has roped in five-star hotels The Lalit and Taj Vivanta overlooking the picturesque Dal Lake and other luxury lodges as paid quarantine facilities to ensure a relaxed and hassle-free stay for those flying into the city from other parts of the country and abroad amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The administration has enlisted around 40 luxury lodges for the purpose and capped the tariffs at a fair and reasonable level so as not to burden those returning home under such a difficult scenario, a top official said. Several houseboats have also been designated as paid quarantine facilities, Srinagar Deputy Commissioner Shahid Choudhary said. The administration’s initiative to enlist luxury hotels has received a warm response with nearly 48 per cent of those arriving in the city from outside opting for them, he said. The remaining 52 per cent of the flyers opted for institutional quarantine established by the government. The number of arrivals at the Srinagar airport has been growing since the domestic air travel was partially resumed on May 25 after two months of suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he said. In addition to domestic flyers, a large number of residents of Jammu and Kashmir are being brought back from abroad in special flights under the government’s ‘Vande Bharat Mission’. Giving details of the paid accommodations, Choudhary said the hotels have been made available in three categories with prices ranging from Rs 1,200 to Rs 600 per day on single occupancy and Rs 900 to Rs 400 per day on double occupancy. The administration has also capped the cost of three meals at Rs 500 at the paid quarantine centres, he said. Quarantine at hotels like Taj Vivanta and Lalit Grand Palace, a hotel which is known for its scenic surrounding and where several Hindi films have been shot, is available on demand with around 50 per cent discount in tariffs. After initial hesitation, the number of air travellers has increased and only 25 of them have tested positive for COVID-19 so far.
20 fresh positive COVID-19 cases in Ladakh Leh: Twenty more people tested positive for coronavirus in Ladakh, taking to 74 the number of those infected with the novel disease in the Union Territory, health department officials said on Saturday. Seventeen positive COVID-19 cases were reported from Kargil district and three others in Leh district on Friday, the officials said. Of the total cases in the region, 43 have already been cured and subsequently discharged from hospitals, the officials said, adding that there are 31 active cases — 26 in Kargil and five in Leh and the condition of all of them is stable. Meanwhile, the officials said local employees have contributed their one-day salary amounting to over Rs 2.76 crore to PM CARES account to fight the pandemic.
While Srinagar district in the Valley reported 13 new cases, 8 were detected in Budgam, four each in Baramulla and Kulgam district besides three cases in Kupwara. In the Jammu division, highest number of 14 cases came from Ramban district, 12 in Udhampur, 7 in Samba, 5 in Rajouri, 4 in Kathua and one each in Jammu, Reasi and Doda districts. No cases were reported from Poonch, Kishtwar, Anantnag, Bandipora, Shopian, Ganderbal and Pulwama districts. Annantnag has the highest 314 cases and lowest of five patients in Doda district. There are 1,405 active cases in the union territory — 1,037 in Kashmir and 368 in Jammu — and 908 patients have recovered, the officials said. Twenty-eight people have died due COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, in Jammu and Kashmir. According to Daily Media Bulletin, out of 2,341 positive cases, 1,405 are Active Positive. Of the 1,64,581 test results available, 162240 samples have been tested as negative till May 30, 2020. Additionally, till date 1,65,225 travellers and persons in contact with suspected cases have been enlisted for surveillance which included 36,538 persons in home quarantine including facilities operated by government, 56 in Hospital Quarantine, 1,405 in hospital isolation and 43,514 under home surveillance. Besides, 83,684 persons have completed their surveillance period.
Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin’s daughter given it
Priyanka Chopra finishes her memoir, says every word reflection into her life
‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ release postponed to Christmas 2021
ED begins fresh round of questioning of Rhea Chakraborty, family in money laundering case
Salman Khan set to return with ‘Bigg Boss 2020’
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper