Prof Vivek SinghMany articles are being written on the Indian economy. The Indian economy is strong and there has been a slight increase in public debt. This growth is not alarming at all. This is natural. Indian economy is progressing towards an economic superpower.India had a public debt of Rs 24.62 lakh crore in the year 1951. Rs 94,62,265 lakh crores was the total liability of the Government of India in March 2020. There has been a slight increase. The total liabilities of the central government increased to Rs 1,01,35,600 lakh crore by June 2020.India had external debt of $85 billion in 1991, which increased to $317 billion in 2011. India had a foreign debt of about $558 billion in March 2020. External debt on the country declined by $3.9 billion to $554 billion in June 2020.The good thing is that India relies more on internal debt and less on external debt. Due to this policy of India, about 20 per cent of the total debt is external debt and the remaining 80 per cent is internal debt. This is the reason why India’s financial position is strong despite Corona pandemic.Debt pressure is mounting on all the states in the country. By March 2020, there was a total debt of about Rs 40 lakh crore on all the states of the country. I think that by March 2021, there could be a debt of up to Rs 60 lakh crore on all states.Recent care rating data shows that almost all states of the country have debt of millions of crores of rupees. There is total debt of Rs 6.02 lakh crore on Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra Rs 5.02 lakh crore, West Bengal Rs 4.37 lakh crore, Tamil Nadu Rs 4.04 lakh crore, Rajasthan Rs 3.43 lakh crore, Andhra Pradesh Rs 3.41 lakh crore, Gujarat Rs 3.26 lakh crore, Karnataka Rs 3.17 lakh crore There is a debt of Rs Rs 2.66 lakh crore on Kerala, Madhya Pradesh Rs 2.34 lakh crore, Punjab Rs 2.30 lakh crore, Telangana Rs 1.68 lakh crore and Orissa Rs 1.33 lakh crore.In this context, per capita debt varies as per total debt in states. Per capita debt for the residents of Punjab is Rs 82,771, Haryana Rs 81,287, Kerala Rs 79,771, Tamil Nadu Rs 56,134, Gujarat Rs 53,931, Karnataka Rs 51,981, West Bengal Rs 47,881, Maharashtra Rs 44,734, Madhya Pradesh Rs 32,354 and of Uttar Pradesh is Rs 30,136.There has been a slight increase in debt on the country and all the states. It was necessary to take loans. This will not have any adverse impact on the economy but will increase productivity and the country will develop. The people of the country will get relief. In view of the Corona pandemic, the central and state governments had to incur additional debt. This decision was taken keeping in mind the public interest, which is absolutely appropriate and should be praised.India has always been more dependent on internal debt. India’s dependence on external debt has been low. The concern is only when the public debt of any country exceeds 77 per cent of GDP.At present, the situation in India is much better because the total public debt of India is equal to about 71 per cent of the GDP. That too when there is a terrible pandemic like COVID-19 in the country.I would like to remind that in the year 2003, the public debt in the country was equal to 84.2 per cent of GDP. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the country’s public debt today is only 71 per cent of GDP. As such, we are in a better position.If we look at other countries of the world, we will find that Japan’s public debt is equal to 240 per cent of GDP. America’s public debt is equal to 107 per cent of its GDP. India today is also in a very good position in terms of external debt. External debt on India is equal to 21 per cent of GDP. France’s external debt is 277 per cent of its GDP, Germany’s 153 per cent and Japan’s external debt is equal to 94 per cent of GDP.There is no need to worry about the financial situation and debt. The country’s economic situation is constantly improving. The economic recovery is clearly visible in figures. After having COVID-19 vaccine in the coming few months, the country’s economic condition will continue to improve further. India is on the verge of becoming an economic superpower.
Download 10Cric Casino app, and enjoy Indias most popular casino games, directly on your mobile!
Gamble with real money online! Play Indias favourite casino games at 7Jackpots.com, Indias most trusted online casino site.
Sanya Malhotra, Abhimanyu Dassani to star in Netflix film ‘Meenakshi Sundareshwar’
Comedian Bharti Singh, husband get bail in drugs case
Kangana moves HC to quash Mumbai Police’s FIR against her
‘Bhassad’, first film after UP CM visualises Bollywood dream in North India
Comedian Bharti Singh arrested by NCB in drug case
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper