Los Angeles, If you’ve decided to follow a diet, stick to it. An international nutrion and weight management specialist believes that there are things even the most sluggish of dieters can do to keep motivated.
Izzy Cameron gives out her top tips on the “lazy guide to dieting” to help you stick to your goals, reports agencies.
* Keep breakfast simple: Dieting does not mean having to prepare fiddly or intricate food. Sometimes the simplest options are the best. For example, opt for porridge over sugary cereals for breakfast and make sure you add some fruit so you tick off one of your five a day before you reach your desk. Porridge is easy to make and will also help keep you full until lunchtime, so will prevent your reaching for the biscuits mid-morning.
* Exercise versus sleep: Incorporating exercise into your regime is important for healthy and sustained weight loss. However, experts agree that getting the correct amount of sleep is also important when managing your weight. When we are tired our bodies crave sugar and carbohydrates, and if it’s a case of waking up early to exercise but compromising on our sleep, then you should prioritise getting up later.
* Make some simple tweaks to your daily diet: Switch the morning coffee for a green tea – although most of us crave caffeine first thing in the morning, a cup of green tea will boost your mood and kick start your day. Choose low fat popcorn over crisps for lunch as it contains an eighth of the fat content that crisps do and you can have fun at home popping your own!
* Drink more water : Don’t confuse hunger with thirst, more often than not, that hungry feeling is simply our body’s cry for fluids. Before reaching for a snack, have a glass of water and see if this helps.
Switch the late night snack for a peppermint tea – drinking peppermint tea before bed will not only stop any late night cravings but will also help you get a better night sleep by releasing the tension in your muscles.
* Keep it simple: Soup is a quick and easy meal; what’s more, it’s healthy too. With so many combinations of flavours now available, it’s easy to expand the taste buds and try new foods whilst also ticking off some of your five a day.
Not disappointed at not getting to act in more Hindi films: Shruti Haasan
NCB arrests TV actress for procuring drugs in Mumbai
Mumbai man posed as film star to lure minors online, sold child porn to international ‘clients’: CBI
Nawazuddin Siddiqui on playing different shades of lower middle class men: It makes me feel rich
‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ is timeless: Kajol on film’s 25th anniversary
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper