New Delhi: India’s approach in dealing with terrorism has undergone a major change as its armed forces now do not hesitate to cross the border to protect the country against the menace, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on the first anniversary of the Balakot air strike.
A fleet of Indian Air Force aircraft had bombed a terrorist training camp deep inside Pakistan on February 26 last year to avenge the killing of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel in the Pulwama terror attack on February 14.
“I thank the Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi for bringing change in India’s approach against terrorism & our ways to counter terror.
“The Surgical Strikes of 2016 and Balakote Air Strikes of 2019 are testimony to this change. This is certainly a New and Confident India in making,” Singh said in a series of tweets. (PTI)
Malaria drug considered for COVID-19 may raise risk of heart problems, scientists say
Shabana Azmi, Hema Malini condemn the attack on doctors in Indore
Lata Mangeshkar, Priyanka, Vicky pledge donations to PM-CARES, CM relief fund
Salman Khan’s nephew Abdullah Khan passes away at 38
Free treatment of Corona
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper