Mumbai:- Five persons have died of swine flu in Nashik district of Maharashtra since January 1, a senior official said today.
“There was one death each due to swine flu in January and February in the district. Three persons have succumbed to the H1N1 virus so far in March,” Suresh Jagdale, Nashik district civil surgeon told PTI.
“There is one more death at the district civil hospital, but it is yet to be ascertained whether it is because of swine flu. The report is awaited in couple of days,” said Jagdale.
According to the civil surgeon, another patient with swine flu-like symptoms is admitted in the hospital.
“The sample of the patient is sent to Pune-based National Institute of Virology. Once the report is received, we will treat the person accordingly,” added Jagdale.
He said usually there is a rise in number of swine flu cases in February and March as the temperature starts changing in most parts of the state.
“Another critical period is of September and October.
when there is an increase in swine flu cases,” he added.
Nashik district collector Radhakrishnan B has issued instructions to private hospitals asking them to admit patients showing symptoms of H1NI virus.
MSG in momos unsafe: Govt
SC rejects plea to cancel CBFC certificate to ‘Padmaavat’
SC allows ‘Padmaavat’ to be screened across India, stays ban
Kamal Haasan to announce political party’s name on February 21
Padmaavat producers move SC against ban by various states
© 2017 State Times Daily Newspaper