STATE TIMES NEWS LEH: Terming the allotment of Union Territory (UT) status and now holding up of Block Development Council (BDC) elections in the region as the double Diwali gift to the people, BJP National Vice-President and Prabhari for Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, Avinash Rai Khanna said that now the Ladakh is all set to put foot on race pedal welcoming unprecedented growth in the region. Khanna was addressing series of meeting in Leh, in order to garner support for the party fielded candidates for the BDC elections. Khanna, while addressing the meetings, said that this is the result of the commitment of BJP and its leaders led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and National President BJP & Union Home Minister Amit Shah that we are able to witness strong decisive actions on the part of Centre Government that have increased the status of Indians worldwide. Khanna said that the allotment of UT status and now holding up of BDC elections in the region is a double gift to the people of Ladakh and now we must make sure that the return gift be ensured in the form of all BDC seats to the party. He also felicitated the BDC candidate who has already emerged as winner of the BDC election on the occasion. Khanna asked all the BJP leaders that it is our responsibility to do all the ground work meeting everyone for the task and to finish the contest in style securing all the seats in BJP’s favour. He said that already people of Ladakh have given representations in the forms of Council, Parliament and this time also, we expect the same from the people here. He further appealed to all the party senior leaders and activists to work dedicatedly for ensuring the win of candidates contesting BDC elections on party mandate. Khanna attacked other political parties for their failed attempt to create confusion among the masses. He said that parties like Congress, NC and PDP always exploited the people. He said that these parties while enjoyed all the privileges for themselves deprived the common public from enjoying even the basic opportunities provided by the Constitution. He said that now, UT will be directly under the governance of Centre, which will pave way for the unprecedented growth in the region. 75 per cent foundation has been already laid for the development here, now remaining 25 per cent will be laid with the conduct of BDC elections, he added.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Katy Perry, Dua Lipa take Mumbai by storm at OnePlus Music Festival
Lata Mangeshkar doing much better: family spokesperson
‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ to release in February 2020
Song of movie ‘Kashmir-the Final Resolution’ released
Two-day Thoracic Surgery Conference to begin today
© 2017 State Times Daily Newspaper