Dear Editor, Refer to ‘Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning in kitchens’; the combustion products of LPG are water and carbon dioxide, which have little adverse effect as it causes you to breathe a little faster. When there is insufficient supply of oxygen, as in a closed room, the problem arises. If the oxygen supply falls below a certain level, the propane (constituent of LPG) will burn with yellow instead of blue flame and produce carbon monoxide (CO) which is highly toxic. It binds with the haemoglobin – with 200 times more affinity than oxygen – thereby starving the brain of oxygen. To avoid this situation, there should be adequate ventilation. Ravish K Chauhan, Yamunanagar.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Long way to go: Deepika Padukone on mental health awareness
Why should you erase unnecessary ‘sorry’ from your dictionary!
ASTROLOGY: WEEKLY PREDICTIONS 15TH –– 21TH SEPTEMBER 2019
Actor Aamir Khan, Div Com Ladakh discuss Water Conservation measures
Workshop on ‘Importance of Nutrition for Better Health’ held
© 2017 State Times Daily Newspaper